Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement (BHRT) and Breast Cancer
• Bio-available testosterone is significantly lower in women with breast cancer, supporting the protective role that hormone optimization with testosterone affords to patients (Dimitrakakis et al., 2010).
• Testosterone shown to counteract the proliferative (cancer causing) effects of estrogen and progesterone in mammary tissue (Ando, 2002).
• Breast tissue sampled from pre-and post-menopausal women shows the inhibitory effects of testosterone on breast cell proliferation (Hofling et al., 2007 & Dimitrikakis et al., 2003).
• Testosterone hormone pellet therapy shown to reduce the incidence of breast cancer from 243 per 100,000 women years (placebo arm of the Women’s Health Initiative) to 73 per 100,000 women years (Glazer, 2013).
BHRT Safety and Benefits
• Bioidentical hormones that are approved by the FDA may be preferred over standard hormone replacement because of their physiologic benefits and safety profile. (E. Conway, DO, 2011)
Contact us to get started!
If you are interested in learning more, please submit the form below.
We’ll provide you with additional information along with the details for our next FREE seminar!